ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you looking for a team of talented & dynamic people passionate about video games? Do you want to work in a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are part of its’ DNA? You’ve found the right place!
GAMING CORPS in Austin, TX is looking for a passionate Sr. QA Tester join efforts in feature testing, release testing, and partner certification. We need a tester who can help ensure the products and services we deliver meet the quality our partners and players.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and representative in cross-functional discussions
- Perform functional testing using a mix of proprietary and 3rd party testing tools
- Perform integration testing in games across multiple platforms including Mobile, PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
- Regularly review and improve our existing testing documentation
- Ensure test plans developed for new features are concise and targeted
- Maintain bug databases, regularly communicating status to PMs and Developers
We are looking for someone with great testing, communication and problem solving skills. You will work closely with a small, agile development team on a wide variety of features and services across multiple games and platforms. The right candidate will bring a strong understanding of how to create comprehensive and concise test plans to be executed by both our team and partners. Candidates should be self-motivated, highly organized, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of QA experience with video games, online services and or APIs/SDKs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in a technical context
- Ability to prioritize and schedule demands in a fluid environment
- Ability to work as part of a tightly integrated technical team
- Flexibility in working hours, and available for overtime as needed
- Competent use of bug database solutions (e.g. TTP, JIRA)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Associates Degree
- Experience with QA of client/server technologies
- Experience with TRC's or XR's for console games or storefronts
- Familiarity with Apple/Google/Steam/Xbox Live/PlayStation Network storefronts
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.