SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
- Location Austin (tx, usa)
- Published 6 days ago
- Type of employment full time
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you looking for a team of talented & dynamic people passionate about video games? Do you want to work in a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are part of its’ DNA? You’ve found the right place!
As a Senior Environment artist, you will work with everything related to world building from environment pieces to modular asset creation and props for gameplay and cinematics. You will be part of an experienced team that works on all world related content to create the most compelling visual spaces. Furthermore, you will often liaise with various departments to get the resources to craft stunning locations and breathtaking worlds!
- Create wide range of location and prop work, from high resolution sculpting to final meshes, textures and shaders.
- Participate in the creation and definition of world look and feel, and scene motivatio
- Work with designers on Environment layout and blocking designs
- World lighting and color layout, use of color and space to inform and motivate players
- Collaborate with tech artist(s), and designers to iterate and build functional world systems, tools, and pipeline
- Manage assets through content creation pipeline
- Coordinate and guide external environment vendors
- 4+ years of full time experience in a similar role in the game industry
- Team leadership and mentoring skills
- Passion for stunning visuals!
- Solid understanding of spatial and architectural fundamentals
- Work well both independently and in a team environment
- Efficient and organized work methodology
- Interest in gaming and building better player experiences
- Modeling proficiency in Maya, Zbrush, and Mudbox
- Texturing/shader experience in PBR rendering pipelines
- Experience in cinematic scene layout, lighting and compositing
- World design/conceptual skills
- Use of Substance Painter/Designer toolset
- Knowledge of Unreal 4, Unity workflows
- Rigid body destruction/simulation
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.