- Location Austin (tx, usa)
- Published 6 days ago
- Type of employment full time
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you looking for a team of talented & dynamic people passionate about video games? Do you want to work in a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are part of its’ DNA? You’ve found the right place!
Gaming Corps is looking for a talented Senior Animator!
As a Senior Animator, you will work with everything related to character and prop animation for gameplay, in-game cut scenes, cinematics, camera work, and motion capture. It is a multi-discipline department where all the different aspects of character and prop creation come together. You will be part of an experienced team that works on all animation related content to create the best possible result. Furthermore, you will often liaise with various departments to get the resources to create the best animation you can, producing stunning results.
- Create wide range of character and prop animation from body and facial work to dynamics and simulation
- Work with team to create and define character, and scene motivation
- Character and prop rigging, skinning
- Work with tech artist, and designers to iterate and build functional animation systems, tools, and pipeline
- Manage assets through content creation pipeline
- Work with modeling team to help produce best mesh topologies for skin deformation
- Coordinate and guide external animation vendors
- 4+ years of full time experience in a similar role in the game industry
- Team leadership and mentoring skills
- Passion for all things that move!
- Solid understanding of animation fundamentals
- Working well both independently and in a team environment
- Efficient and organized work methodology
- Interest in gaming and building better player experiences
- Animation proficiency in Maya
- Experience in cinematic storytelling and camera work is a plus!
- 2D animation skills
- Cloth, hair, soft tissue, and rigid body simulation
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.