- Location Austin (tx, usa)
- Published 6 days ago
- Type of employment full time
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Are you looking for a team of talented & dynamic people passionate about video games? Do you want to work in a studio where diversity, open-mindedness and creativity are part of its’ DNA? You’ve found the right place!
GAMING CORPS in Austin, TX is looking for a passionate Character Animator to create and design characters for our growing game portfolio.
- Overseeing overall in-game character animations
- Providing day-to-day task management, inspiration to the animation team to achieve the Creative Director's vision
- Planning schedules, committing to deliverables to achieve goals within regular milestones and deadlines
- Ensuring an open communication flow between animation team and team at large
- Continually refining processes for animation production to increase productivity for the animation team
- Staying current on industry trends in animation, rigging, modeling, texturing
- 5+ years’ experience in character animation for games
- At least 1 experience on a AAA game
- A strong understanding of the 12 fundamentals of traditional animation
- Must understand all areas of character creation (mesh, texturing, skinning, IK)
- Understanding of human motion, weight, acting and timing applied to 3D animation
- Understand game design intention, can list required animations for simple behavior
- Ability to create great key frame character animation using FK and IK
- Foundational knowledge of composition, editing and cinematic storytelling
- Can work in a range of styles, and maintain style over the course of a project
- Must be able to document art process, track tasks through game development cycle
- Understanding of MotionBuilder, or similar, experience working in a mocap pipeline
- Self-motivated, excellent verbal and written communication; team player
- Ability to work with strict deadlines and to precisely quantify volumes of work
- Proficiency in Maya a HUGE plus
- Knowledge of 3DSMAX a plus
- Basic knowledge of cinematography a plus
Please show us what a rock star animator looks like!
All applications should include a portfolio of samples that represent the range of your skills, provided that it been cleared for release by owners. Generally, 12 to 15 pieces are a good sample. We prefer links to online portfolios if possible.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work and accept new employment in the U.S.